Thursday, June 10, 2004

I. Am. Batman!

My, my, my. It just keeps getting better. All kinds of cool stuff coming out this summer. Batman: The Animated Series, the ultra-cool cartoon that was on Fox a few years back is finally coming to DVD properly. It'll be out 06 July according to Amazon. This show was one of the best animated series ever on television. I'd have to say that I like this even more than the Simpsons. I'm sure every fan of the Dark Knight already is well aware of this series, but if you're not a big comics fan and haven't ever seen this, you owe it to yourself to check this out. Hopefully you can find this as a rental or possibly be able to get it from your library if you don't want to drop the cash on something you're unsure about. If you go the library route, be prepared to wait, since this will be requested by a lot of people.

Also, though I hadn't mentioned it here on the blog, Fantagraphics is releasing a book series that will (eventually) encompass the entire collection Peanuts comic strips. Over 50 years worth of strips. I'm planning on picking these up too, but I'm going to do it by boxed sets, I think. So I'm waiting for the first one to come out. (This fall sometime, I believe.) Also of note, if you scroll to the bottom of this page, you can pick up the collection of Charles Schulz's pre-Peanuts cartoons. From what I can tell, this book will pretty much only be available through Fantagraphics' website.