Friday, November 05, 2004

Bush Wins Re-election

Not news to anyone by now, of course. I'm sure everyone knows that it was close, Ohio was decided by 136K some odd votes. Kerry was going to wait and see if the provisional ballots would put him over the top, but once the numbers got explained to him and it became apparent that it would take a statistical miracle for him to win, he did the gracious thing and conceded. I have to say, I'm heartened by the fact that Bush not only won, but became the first president since 1988 to win with more than 50% of the votes. I think this bodes well for the future of a free Iraq as well as the security of the US. There is still plenty I don't like about Bush (government spending, government growth, immigration policy, etc), but on the fundamental questions that matter most to me, I think he is right there. Pro-life, will aggressively defend the US at home and abroad, in favour of preserving marriage, etc. And, on every question, Bush had Kerry beat cold. As bad as Bush might be about spending my money, Kerry would have been worse. As bad as Bush might be about kow-towing to the illegal alie...? pardon me, undocumented immigrant lobbies, Kerry would have been worse. Tuesday was a good day.