Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Books

Haven't finished a book in a while. Been doing a fair bit of reading, but events have conspired against me.

Started Damsel in Distress by P.G. Wodehouse, but when I was about two-thirds finished, I forgot it at my parents house and drove to my in-laws without it. My parents will forward it to me in Seattle and I'll finish it next week. Quite good, so far. It's like most other Wodehouse novels, but for all their similarity, I never tire of them. This is one of his earlier works, and uses characters I don't recall reading about elsewhere in the Wodehouse corpus.

Also reading The Siege of Vienna, which, while interesting, is slow going. The topic is quite good, the writing less so. Still, shall probably plod through to the end. And once I clear the initial chapters to get to the actual fighting, it may pick up a bit.

Other than that, I've mostly just been browsing through various books without really applying myself to any of them. I expect I'll get back to reading more diligently after I get clear of all this family interaction stuff. Which is fine in its place.