Friday, December 31, 2004

Books

Read three books so far this week. All are Discworld novels, The Truth, Thief of Time and Night Watch. They were all very good. The last was probably my favourite since it followed Sam Vimes pretty much exclusively, and I find him the character with whom I can most sympathize. Only two more to go and I'm all caught up with this series.

I started reading The Bell Curve which, you may recall, caused a lot of controversy when it first came out. For those not in the know, it was a statistical study of intelligence that seemed to indicate that intelligence may well be linked to genetics and that intelligence is heritable. Anyway, I meant to read it years ago to see what all the fuss was about, but I'm just now getting around to it. They haven't said that much that I find controversial yet, but I'm only in the second chapter.