Monday, February 14, 2005

Ghostly Disappointment

I (finally) got Ghost in the Shell from the library and watched it. And, it left me cold. I was really looking forward to it, the couple stand-alone episodes I saw were good...

But the movie just didn't have it. Partly I was disappointed because the main character seems to get written out. Partly it just seemed like an half-hour episode got stretched to 80 minutes. (The minute long scenes with nothing but the score playing over people driving got old after the first couple times it happened.) And partly the story line was, well, just lame. It's still a killer concept, cyborgs and artificially enhanced humans (think the $6million Man and Bionic Woman, only cooler) in a special police unit capturing ├╝ber-criminals. What's not to love? But the movie was just flat.

Now I'm going to have to find a way to watch the TV episodes. My library system doesn't seem to have them.