Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wasting time.

Is it a waste of time if I do something I intend to do, but not in the order that I think I ought to do it? That is to say, I had the inclination that I ought to use a bit of free time that I had to work on my blogs and get some things written down. Instead, I read my latest issue of The New Criterion. I did intend to read it, just not until after I had done some blogging. (And I haven't read the whole thing, just about half so far. And, as long as I'm off on a tangent, you really ought to read the article by Theodore Dalrymple about George Bernard Shaw. Great stuff.)

Where was I? Oh, yes. I don't think that the reading of The New Criterion is really a waste of time. It's an improving magazine and quite interesting, but it wasn't what I intended to do with that bit of time. Does it mean that I wasted the time? Only partially wasted it? I'm not sure.