Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Duh.

Last month I read Religion of Peace? by Robert Spencer. (I'm always way behind on these book reviews; part of it is reading so many new books this year.) It was pretty good, I guess. It would probably have been better if I hadn't already had a firm grasp of his theme and already been convinced of his conclusions. They are, namely, that Christianity is truly a religion of peace and Islam is not. It seems to me that such a conclusion is hardly controversial unless your a leftist or Muslim looking for sticks with which to beat the West. Might be worth a glance to someone looking for arguments if you regularly get into debates on this topic, but otherwise it's skippable. Or, I suppose, if you're not yet convinced of his theses, but then I'm shocked you're reading my blog.

----------------
Listening to: Donizetti, Callas, Di Stefano, Gobbi, Arie - Percorrete, le spiaggie vicine
via FoxyTunes