Friday, November 14, 2008

Unpronounceable acronyms

WotLK (Wrath of the Lich King) opened yesterday, and like any good nerd, I had my copy early and was ready to dive in right away. First impressions are favourable. Parts of it are quite beautiful, there is quite a bit of new content, lots of fun things to do. The new class, Death Knights, seems to be a bit overpowered, but I'm sure there will be numerous tweaks to the release in the next month or two as Blizzard gets info from the release they couldn't get from their beta.

My only real complaint? After having the ability to fly wherever I wanted to go, having to go back to ground travel for the next 7 levels (well, 6 now) is grating. It's so slow, you have to find ways around cliffs and large bodies of water (unless you're a shaman, like my character, then you can just cast Water Walking and ride straight across) and there are all these annoying monsters that attack when you're just trying to get from point A to point B. Ah, well. Into each life, some rain must fall, neh?

----------------
Now playing: Plankeye - Whisper to Me
via FoxyTunes